Friday, January 9, 2009

Strolling and huevos pizza


After posting my scientific data today, I finally got out and walked to a pretty part of town called Retiro. Lots of tree-filled parks and nice shops and restaurants. This statue is of San Martin, the Argentine general who helped liberate much of South America from Spain. Thank goodness for all the lovely trees as it was quite hot today. I'm afraid I even got a bit of a farmers tan--burn, really. But not too bad. Just increases my touristy look along with camera, fanny pack, and zipoff pants.

A late lunch was a bit of a surprise as my lack of Spanish got me a pizza topped with fried eggs! It was very good, though. Strolled the rest of the afternoon until I was too hot and pooped to go on.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your posts.
    Funny about the fried egg. I got a pizza in Rome that had a fried egg on it too!
    I'm very jealous of the hot weather and sun. Di and I are still wearing long underwear inside our house!
    Have fun.
    -Ron

    ReplyDelete