Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Off to Antarctica!

Here I go. Hope I've remembered everything. I am carrying more luggage than any other trip of my life--two checked bags (Chris Vernier's, since my zipper broke last night. Thank you Chris!), and two carry-ons. Lots of fleece and waterproof thingies. Not sure how I'll get my complementary parka back home.

My flight from Portland to Dallas has been delayed by an hour or so, but I will still easily make the connection to Buenos Aires. Flying American instead of United means I'm in steerage, but I've got my sleeping pills.

4 comments:

  1. Robyn,

    How exciting! I look forward to your updates and photos. Antarctica is one place I have really wanted to see up close and hope to see it in this life time. Good luck and have fun.

    John T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and thanks for taking the time to share in almost real time!
    -Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. R,
    Looking forward to some fun postings from you.
    Round meeting went good last night. Carolyn and Eric on the Board. Lawsuit settled for $6 million so new windows and doors this Spring/Summer.
    Jen and I will drink a toast to you tonight.
    Love, R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail says you have too much luggage! And, she thinks you should have taken her with you so you could order a REAL pizza!

    Mark & Gail

    ReplyDelete