Saturday, January 10, 2009

Last day in BA


Finally saw the thing many tourists see first--Evita's tomb. The Recoleta Cemetery is pretty amazing with "streets" lined with mausolea, sarcophagi, and the like. One could wander for hours just to view the artistry.








I had to move on, however, and get lunch before heading to the airport. I finally got the steak of a lifetime. OK, maybe not my lifetime, but it was REALLY good. And, well, there were two of them. Yes, I just ordered the tenderloin, and two arrived. The one I chose to eat was the best I've had here by far and only cost about $15! Compare that to a tenderloin in Portland.

Back to the airport for the flight over the Andes to Santiago. It is 92 deg. outside, but I have a wonderful view of snow-capped Andes from my luxurious Grand Hyatt hotel room (it was part of the cruise package). I took this photo from the plane, not from my room. Still nice, though, eh? Well, it's 8:30 pm here, so think I'll head downstairs for a Pisco Sour and see what all the fuss it about.

No comments:

Post a Comment