Friday, January 9, 2009

Nerd Alert

While this is definitely a nerdy post, there are a few things in this image my "normal" friends might be interested in as well.


I took my LabQuest and sensors out at noon today. The white box is pointing to the place in a park near my hotel where I collected the data. Our new Vernier GPS Sensor correctly identified where I was and Logger Pro mapped it in Google Maps for me. The first two numbers in the box are the latitude and longitude and the rest are labeled. Units are SI. UV units are mW/m^2.

For the rest of you, in the lower left of the image is the large Recoleta Cemetary where Evita is buried. I will have photos of that later today or tomorrow. In the upper left next to the Google controls is a dark circle. This is the giant metal flower sculpture from my first evening in town.

OK, better head out for the day. Didn't get home from the Tango show until close to 2 am, so slept in a bit.

2 comments:

  1. The video looks good and don't get too tired with all that walking.Your cats are behaving well. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The GPS works in South America! That's quite a relief to know.

    ReplyDelete